The School of Data Science is committed to ensuring that all students can fulfill their academic requirements as planned and to supporting students, faculty and staff. We will update this information as the situation evolves.
Due to the decline of COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations in our county and state, UNC Charlotte and the School of Data Science plan for a return to normal campus operations starting in the Fall 2021 semester. Classes will resume face-to-face instruction starting in August. Here is what we are planning and what you can expect:
- Face-to-face classes will resume at pre-pandemic levels.
- Our residence halls will be at full occupancy.
- Employees will return to their offices, and all campus services will be offered in person.
- All buildings and facilities will return to regular capacity, including dining and recreational options.
- We plan to once again welcome spectators at Charlotte 49ers events, though the exact capacity is still being determined with the state.
Please continue to monitor NinerAlerts, NinerNotices, and other University Communications for the latest news and updates as well as these resources:
SDS Graduate Programs and Advising
The School of Data Science advisors are available in-person and online during normal office hours. If you need assistance, or you would like to schedule an appointment, please contact the Director of Student Services. General information on program and course registration can be found on the Niner Central site.
Regarding your individual classes, please watch for information from your instructor through the course Canvas site.
Please visit the News and Events page for more information on fall orientations and student events.