The School of Data Science is committed to ensuring that all students can fulfill their academic requirements as planned and to supporting students, faculty and staff. We will update this information as the situation evolves.
Due to the decline of COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations in our county and state, UNC Charlotte and the School of Data Science plan for a return to normal campus operations starting in the Fall 2021 semester. Classes will resume face-to-face instruction starting in August. Here is what what we are planning and what you can expect:
- Face-to-face classes will resume at pre-pandemic levels.
- Our residence halls will be at full occupancy.
- Employees will return to their offices, and all campus services will be offered in person.
- All buildings and facilities will return to regular capacity, including dining and recreational options.
- We plan to once again welcome spectators at Charlotte 49ers events, though the exact capacity is still being determined with the state.
Please continue to monitor NinerAlerts, NinerNotices and other University Communications for the latest news and updates as well as these resources:
Student Emergency Relief Fund
(Updated: 4/14/20 at 12:00 pm)
- Guidelines and tips for working remotely
- To estabish a Google Chat for remote commmunication
- Information regarding IT services that can be accessed remotely
Graduate Programs and Advising
The School of Data Science Graduate Programs advisors are available via online and phone during normal office hours. While our physical office is closed until further notice, we’re operating virtually and processing applications. There is no need to cancel currently scheduled appointments. If you need assistance scheduling an appointment, please contact Carly Mahedy, Director of Student Services.
Events hosted by the School of Data Science will be offered in an alternate format, as possible. Visit the News and Events page for more information on upcoming events.
Regarding your individual classes, please watch for information from your instructor.