Charlotte, N.C. (Nov. 3, 2020) UNC Charlotte’s School of Data Science, is a finalist in one category for the NC TECH Awards: Public Sector Project.
The NC TECH Awards are North Carolina’s statewide technology awards organized by the North Carolina Technology Association. The awards program recognizes institutions, organizations and/or collaborations for their use of technology.
Throughout the last 12 months, the School of Data Science has experienced tremendous growth. This year, the School:
- Transitioned from the Data Science Initiative to the first interdisciplinary School of Data Science in the Carolinas.
- Launched North Carolina’s first undergraduate program in Data Science.
- Received Insight Into Diversity Magazine’s 2020 Inspiring Programs in STEM Award.
- Established an innovative transfer program with Wake Technical Community College, allowing students to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Data Science.
- Saw more than 27% growth in overall enrollment in the two Master’s programs in Data Science and Business Analytics and Health Informatics and Analytics, and the new undergraduate program.
“We’re extremely proud to be recognized as a finalist for the NC TECH Awards,” Said Doug Hague, Executive Director, School of Data Science. “There are so many incredible organizations, companies and academic institutions working to better the region through the use of technology, and the School of Data Science is honored to be a part of it.”
The NC TECH Awards winners will be announced during the Virtual Beacons, a series of three broadcasts on November 17, 18 and 19. More information on the award show can be found here.